In this 2days workshop, you will be introduced to all the knowledges & techniques that are necessary in leather craft.
Besides being educated on various leather craft theory, you will also hands on to practice all the techniques in order to work on fine and beautiful craft.
All tools, materials are provided and no prior knowledge is necessary for this workshop. The pieces that you practice will be yours to take home.
*This is 100% Theory & Technical Class, the practice(s) is not completed/ finished leather goods*
Theory Class content:
1.1 – Day 1
1. Introduce to leather crafting tools
2. Type of leather and leather parts
3. Why exotic skin and how are they made
4. Type of reinforcement materials and how to use
5. Difference between hand tools & machine
6. Hardware introduction
1.2 – Day 2
1. Hole punching, hole adjusting, hole aligning
2. Type of glue, gluing method and cutting
3. Stitching type and method
4. Type of creasing and decorative line
5. Type of leather edge finishing – edge paint, edge dye & edge burnishing
6. Knife sharpening
7. Skiving – flat skive, slant skive & thickness control